The Australian Pain Society (APS) is pleased to announce the availability of a number of Travel Grants for members to present their research at its Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
Travel Grants are awarded as follows:
- PhD students: up to the value of $500
- From 2017, a single dedicated PhD student Travel Grant of $500 for a Pain in Childhood SIG member
- From 2018, a single dedicated PhD student Travel Grant of $500 for a Basic Pain Research SIG member
- If funds permit, further travel grants may be offered to nurses, allied health professionals (AHP) and other post-graduate students.
This Travel Grant program is designed to encourage contribution to and participation in the ASM. It is made possible through an allocation of APS operating funds and is only available by completing both the:
- Expression of Interest (EOI) section of the Abstract Submission process; and
- Current membership of the Australian Pain Society (you can join now at: APS Membership). Applications from non-members will not be considered.
- Acceptance of an abstract of your research presentation.
- Presentation of your research in either oral or poster format.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents, based in Australia, and live outside the metropolitan area of the conference city.
Terms and Conditions:
- An EOI for a Travel Grant does not imply or guarantee the award of a grant
- Travel Grant awards will be made at the discretion of the Scientific Programming Committee (SPC)
- If available, the value of additional travel grants offered to nurses, AHP and other students will be determined after the PhD grants have been allocated.
- The principal eligibility factor will be the quality of the submitted abstract.
- Only one author per abstract may apply. This author must have made the major contribution to the work.
- Completed application form must be submitted by the due date. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm the APS receipt of their application form prior to the due date.
- Successful applicants will be notified in advance and receive their Travel Grants by EFT after attending and presenting at the ASM. Non-attendance and/or non-presentation at the ASM will result in the forfeiture of the Travel Grant.